Our vision is to engage people of all ages in hands-on learning, driven by curiosity and play.
Our mission is to create a hands-on, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) based attraction that exercises curiosity, promotes exploration, and develops imagination through interactivity.
Boyd Metals, Board President
Corner Greer & Associates, Board VP
Kraft Insurance, Board Treasurer
Joplin Schools, Board Secretary
Freeman Health System
Freeman Health System
Edward Jones Financial Advisor
The Creative Learning Alliance was built from the Vision 2022 Quality of Life Destination Committee. In May 2017, Vision Joplin 2022 presented several recommendations to the city council. These recommendations were compiled by nearly 150 community members serving on various committees: governance, health and wellness, job growth, marketing and branding, and quality of life.
Among these ideas, one concept that was well received and supported by City Council was that of a children’s museum. Since then, a group of professionals, concerned citizens and educators have been exploring, and actively pursuing, the creation of a hands-on, STEAM-based attraction.
- The Creative Learning Alliance has registered as a Missouri business entity, elected officers, and received nonprofit status.
- Developed a mission and vision statement.
- Raised funds to conduct a feasibility study, In October 2018, CLA held a public input session at Joplin Public Library to gauge area interest in the project.
- The board contracted with ConsultEcon, a highly recommended firm providing market, economic, business and planning services to the museum sector. ConsultEcon conducted a professional feasibility study, which assessed the community’s ability to support and sustain such a project.
- The Outreach Committee created approximately 15 entertaining and interactive exhibits to be used as educational and promotional pieces at events.
- The organization contracted with a Project Coordinator who will work towards brand identity, building donor relations, and social media development.
In the News
GIANT Walk through heart, get oxyginated!
Magnetic Floating Heart
guess the heartbeat
Dry Erase Hearts
Shoot the Virus
Heart Marshmallow catapult
Bean Bag Vena Cava
Heart Bucket Flip
Register here: https://forms.gle/YKhhzx8RtJJjA8vD9
Our eclipse festival has a name and a logo! Thanks to the festival task force for the name and to Rikki Smith for the logo. Mark your calendars NOW for 4 days of eclipse themed fun and the viewing party!
With the Creative Learning Alliance (CLA) purchase of 300 S. Main being complete, and a lead donor establishing their name to the building, we now need a fun, descriptive name for the science center that will engage families now and for future generations. This critical project will ensure valuable hands-on, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) education and fun for the Joplin region. This is your chance to own a part of history with your name submission!
Submit name here: https://forms.gle/2kVT9MeDyLA4yK2G9
Bring your friends and challenge them to a gingerbread architectural build off! All of the gingerbread pieces and decorations that you can imagine and your “glue” will be provided. This event requires some knowledge, work, and focus that makes it best suited for 7 years of age and up.
Thanks to a generous donation from Lozier Inc. there is no cost to attend but all members of your party MUST be registered. Join us Saturday, November 25, 1-2 PM at Kraft Insurance, 2701 Bird Ave!
Register here: https://forms.gle/8bsjbgC4DRDapzaW9
The Youth Volunteer Corp spent this last Saturday, November 4 working hard to clear the Main Street Garden of Creative Learning Alliance. For 4 hours they cut, shoveled, raked, and swept to prepare the garden for future use. We are so thankful for their hard work!
On October 12 Creative Learning Alliance was blessed with the greatest bunch of young men from Ozark Christian College who worked so hard to clean at the new building! They scoured, scrubbed, and hauled trash for over 2 hours and we are so grateful for their hard work.
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)