The Science Center
- Permanent interactive exhibits
- Rotating exhibits
- Weekly educational programs
- University partnerships that extend learningwith volunteer and teaching opportunities
- Partnership with national and internationalorganizations for special events
- Dedicated K-12 school field trips withprograms meeting both the MissouriLearning Standards and the national NextGeneration Science Standards
- Team-building activities for businesses andgroups
- Workforce development opportunities toconnect STEAM learning with localemployers
- Parties and celebrations for youth andadults
- Corporate rental
Learn By Doing
There is clear evidence that interactive learning opportunitiessuch as those offered by CLA are more than just fun for kids. Infact, such activities can develop critical thinking skills.According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, “Play is notfrivolous: it enhances brain structure and function and promotesexecutive function (ie, the process of learning, rather than thecontent), which allow us to pursue goals and ignoredistractions.”
Quality of Life
Increasing regional community pride, and providing a recreational and learning place for families without traveling out of the area.
Drawing visitors to region to visit the Science Center, dine in restaurants, shop, and frequent other regional attractions.
Opportunities for business and education with focus on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engeineering, Art, & Math).
Attract employees with cultural amenity, and showcase attraction for their families.